CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Weekend Update: And We're Still Alive

It has been a crazy past few weeks so sorry for the lack of updates! I've also been horrible and have barely taken any pictures so this is likely to be a quick post.

Jay's friend Shawn came to visit from Denver last week. It was so nice to see him and he & Jay had a great time working out, catching some rays, and drinking beer :) We had some great dinners and even made our homemade pasta again but this time with homemade pesto (and homeGROWN too - our basil plant needed to be trimmed!) and chicken. It was very good!
I was outside reading on Sunday afternoon and glanced over at our tomato plant to see this tiny little fruit growing! It was very exciting and I couldn't wait to show Jay that all his watering has been paying off!! I can't wait until we see a few more pop up!

Last night, Jay's cousin Erin and her friend stayed over. They had spent a few days at the Grand Canyon and were flying out this morning. It was a very short (too short!) visit, but so nice to see Erin's smiling face and to make plans for a longer visit! 

This morning after saying goodbye to Erin, I headed to my first day at a new job. I'm very excited about this new opportunity and had a great first day! Of course it was overwhelming with all the new information to absorb, so I'm sure to sleep like a baby tonight. 

We hope everyone is doing well & I promise to be back to the regularly scheduled program soon - I have a From our Kitchen post up on deck!

xoxo

1 comments:

Unknown said...

The pasta and pesto looks delicious!