CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Weekend Update: A Few Weekends Real Quick

Let's just say things have been busy these past few weeks so here is a quick recap of a few highlights:

Tori arrived in town on May 27 for a few days. It was a last minute trip, and we're so glad she came! We went out on Friday night and stayed out till the wee hours of the morning!



I made popovers for the first time. My mom got me the special pan for Christmas (or my birthday?) and I finally gave it a shot! Our family friend Sarah gave me this tried & true recipe

They were so yummy! I had mine with butter and then maple syrup on one half and apricot jam on the other. Jay had butter & jam on his. They were delicious and pretty easy so I can't wait to try them again with guests!

Last weekend, we had to stop by Jay's work on Sunday to welcome the Brasilia (airplane) to his base. It (and pilots) arrived in the afternoon so I "enjoyed" some time on the ramp at Sky Harbor during a 110 degree afternoon waiting for Jay to finish up welcoming the pilots and showing them around the base. 

I'm guessing it was about 120 on the tarmac that afternoon!

Good thing we had a POOL PARTY to attend! Kiera's birthday party was that afternoon, so we arrived at Krista & Angelo's just in time for mai tais and delicious hawaiian pork, fruit, and even hawaiian pizza! Krista was such a great hostess and the birthday girl had a great time!

Oh and I thought you'd like to see how great Jay and I look. We've been working out, ya know :)

1 comments:

Deb said...

Not sure what to say about your workout photos! Thanks for the updates.