CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 19, 2010

July Update (i.e. craziness)

Life has been crazy to say the least! 

Not only did we move July 4th weekend, but Jay also accepted a new job after 7 years with the same company. We both had been patiently waiting for the right opportunity to come along for him and it finally did. There are going to be a lot of adjustments to make for both of us - sacrifices really, but we both feel excited and confident about what the future holds with this new opportunity! 

Jay left a company that has become family to us over the years. He started at the bottom flying the smallest planes and worked his way up to management. He did such a great job, gained some great experience, and made many friends that we both will cherish for life. I was the only lucky lady invited to his little going away gig, so took a few pictures: 
There was such a great turnout and I even got a little sappy thinking about all the great memories we've made with these guys (typical me, I know). 
To Jay!

One night we went out to celebrate before Jay left for training. We've always wanted to try Coup Des Tartes and finally booked a reservation! It's the area's longest running BYOB restaurant, so we brought a bottle from our wine fridge that we'd been saving for a nice dinner. 



The food was DELICIOUS. I tried taking pictures of the food, but unfortunately they didn't turn out very good so here's what we had - picture this in your head:

Brie Brulee - Brie covered with caramelized apples and bruleed to perfection. Served with toast points and seasonal fruits.

Fire & Ice Salad - A fresh tower of watermelon dusted with cayenne pepper and topped with organic tomatoes, finished with toasted pistachios (which we did without), and a drizzle of aged balsamic glaze. (this was soooooo good. It sounds strange, but it was the perfect combination!)

Filet Mignon (Jay) - topped with fresh herb butter. Served with pesto, mushroom, and parmesan stuffed tomato and pomme frites.

Mahi Mahi (Amie - yes, I ordered fish!) - Oven roasted & topped with a green gazpacho sauce, served with a medley of Isralei cous cous, sugar snow peas, asparagus tips, and grape tomatoes. (can I tell you it was the best fish ever! I am going to crave this dish!)

Chocolate Fleur de Sel tarte  - I can't find it on the online menu but let me just say that I took a small piece of crust home that I couldn't finish and ate it for breakfast. It was divine!

It was such a perfect date night - we talked about all that the future holds, laughed, and found a new favorite spot.
...and while he was at training I bought a $100 garbage can. 
The end.

xoxo

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Tell me more about the garbage can.

Food sounds delicious. I love finding fav spots. I found two in Kansas and recently stumbled upon a farm restaurant near un here. Hope to try it out this week.

Congrats, Jay, on the new job! And, Amie, welcome to my world!

Deb said...

You are right Natalie - the food does sound devine. Both the move and the new job are all part of a higher plan for you both. Best wishes - love you!

Amie said...

Nat - the garbage can is SimpleHuman brand & was exactly what I was looking for - a nice-looking can with 2 separate sections (1 for trash, 1 for recycling) and a lid. Each lid is color coded so you know which side you're opening. It's just nice because since it has to be out in the open it had to look ok...and with the heat in the house, we need a lid due to...um...smells, AND it has the 2 sections which was the main thing I was looking for! Anyway, let me know if you need any other details - oh and it was actually $80 because I got it at Bed Bath & Beyond with their 20% off coupon :)

Todd Davis said...

That garbage can does indeed look like $100.

Glad your move went well - FYI, I'm buying a webcam in the next few days for my laptop so we'll be able to chat easier while the boys are sitting at the table. Will have to hookup on a weekend when Jay gets back from training.

Katie O said...

Looks like you all had a great time. Where did he move onto for work?? I'm so excited for you two!! Congrats!

ps - nice garbage can