CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Weekend Update: Party Party Party

Jay and I are recovering from a weekend full of parties. We started the weekend off right with a good workout on Saturday morning. I hurt my quads pretty bad last Wednesday attempting to do some sprints, so have been easing back into my workouts. I think it's going to be a few more weeks until I'm 100%, but at least I am now walking normal. Just no running for me for a while.

When we returned from our workout, we found out that Kiera and Joe were hosting Tara and Jeff at their house for a photo party so decided to head over and check it out. It is great that our friends are becoming friends too! 

There were three families there with little ones and everyone took turns taking pictures. It was a bit chaotic trying to get a good shot of all three babies. From left to right are Alistair, Kate, and Tristan. Besides the "grabbing" and "hitting", they got along very nicely. 
How many adults does it take to get a good baby picture?!!
Next, we headed over to a party with a bunch of Jay's work friends. It was such a nice day to be out by the pool! I didn't get many pictures except for the one below on the right of Alistair trying to be like his daddy. The one on the left is from a party at the same house last summer. Hmmm...I think he fits better than I do :)
The third and final party was for our friends Cindy and Mark who are moving to Tennessee. This is our second going away party for friends moving to TN in the past year. Rachel and Foye were the first ones to leave and "stole" Cindy and Mark after a recent visit.  They will certainly be missed but I know they will have such a great time back East! 
After party #3, we headed back to party #2 and lets just say that it went downhill from there. The upside of a hungover husband is as follows: 
In & Out Burger - Perfect Hangover Remedy

Sunday afternoon we picked up our weekly watermelon. Every weekend throughout the summer, we get a watermelon from this family-run farm stand near our house. It gets sweeter and more satisfying each week as we continue to dive into the triple digits. 

We are super excited to have friends from our old flight school in town this coming weekend for some old-fashioned fun. Just 4 more days to go before we start the party all over again. Phew - I'm exhausted just thinking about it!

2 comments:

Deb said...

Don't know how you have the stamina to keep on going; you guys are crazy!

Tara and Jeff said...

let me know if you need help with all that company, looking forward to the Irishness