CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Weekend Update: Flagstaff Part One

I feel like we returned from our Flagstaff trip a long time ago. Usually I try to be good about blog updates but this week has been crazy! So in return for your patience (and dire anticipation for a new post, I'm sure), I'll return the favor with a 2-post photo-filled update on our Flagstaff weekend getaway.

Let me start off by saying that my generous boss offered Jay and I his home in Flagstaff while he was vacationing with his family in LaJolla. They usually go up to Flagstaff every weekend in the summer and now I see why! Let me take you on a little photo tour of the house nestled on one of the top golf courses in Arizona:

Beautiful kitchen:
Amazing outdoor fireplace:
Jay chilling in the living room (that couch was sooo comfortable!):
The toys:


Aaaaahhhhh...after our little tour, I decided to enjoy a little reading on the cozy couch:

Friday night after settling in, we headed into downtown Flagstaff to meet up with one of Jay's old roommates from Montana. We had a nice dinner and walk around town before heading back to get some much-needed zzzzzzzz's.
Saturday morning we slept in to 8:30! It was fabulous! We had leftover dinner for breakfast (yum) and enjoyed having no timeline planned out for the day. Eventually we decided to head into town to get some food for that night and maybe go on the hike/picnic that I had planned. Unfortunately the skies started rumbling so we put off the hike until Sunday. Instead, we took a bike ride to a nearby pond where my girlfriend (who's parents also have a house in the same club) was fishing with her boyfriend's kids.

Jay getting ready to cast another line:
Dinner was so good! Grilled steaks, corn and tomatoes! Check out Jay's grill lines - impressive, aren't they?
Check out the ambiance for this special dinner:
After dinner, Jay went outside and started a fire. It was such a nice night - crisp cool air with the heat from the fire warming us just enough.
Of course, we made s'mores:
Jay getting his nice and brown:
Me waiting for mine to catch on fire (I like them charred!):
To end the night, we laid a blanket on the deck and looked up at the stars. It's easy to forget the beauty of nature when living down here in Phoenix where all the city lights block out the beautiful sight above! In Flagstaff, the sky was what was brightest! We counted shooting stars and eventually fell asleep out there. Our snoring woke us up enough to head inside for the night's sleep. :) What a peaceful way to end the day. I could do that every night.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had fun! I like Jay's method of toasting them... NOT burning them!!! Did you get to use the toys... the ATV's would have been a blast to ride! :) <3 U!

Tricia said...

Yum smores!

Deb said...

Kinda reminds me of our camping days. Just not so luxurious!