CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Weekend Update: Labor Day Weekend Part One

Jay and I headed back east for an extended Labor Day weekend. We hadn't been back to Vermont since our wedding last year and were excited to be welcomed with beautiful weather! We flew into Manchester, NH on Wednesday and made it up to Burlington by around 8:00pm. We headed directly to the Inn at Essex for dinner with Leah & Greg, Krista & Christian and Emily (Geoff was home with Sophia). It was so fun catching up and hearing about what everyone was up to! Unfortunately, it was so fun that I forgot to take a picture :( I did, however get a picture of me and my niece Bella at Leah's that night. We were very happy to see each other!
We slept at Leah and Greg's (with the windows open!!!) so we could get an early start on Thursday morning. Here is my handsome husband enjoying the fresh air on the ferry as we cross Lake Champlain to New York.
And here are the reasons we crossed the lake:
Julie and baby Finley who turned 4 weeks during our visit.
Awwwww! He was so tiny!

Poor Michael still had to work on Thursday, so we met up with him for lunch and got Michigans. For those of you that are not from the northeast, they are basically hot dogs with a meat sauce on top. Click on the link for a detailed history. They are very popular back home, and especially in Plattsburgh. Of course, I had to take a picture - looks kinda like one in my last post...I think I see a trend here....
Here is my favorite picture from the whole weekend. Finley would crack a little smile every once in a while and so I was determined to catch it on camera. I sat there waiting and finally got the shot!
Is he not the cutest? Oh, and he happens to be sporting an Amie original and is lying on the quilt I made! Love it.

Michael made a delicious dinner for us all when he got home from work. The beer on tap in their kitchen was a nice compliment!
Friday morning we took it easy and eventually made it out of the house for a delicious picnic lunch. Unfortunately we had to say goodbye and snapped a few parting pictures before heading to Montreal:

More to come soon - stay tuned!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the beer on tap. Matt has to make us one of those!

Humm, not sure I've ever heard of Michigan's. Wow. I was robbed!

Tara and Jeff said...

love the pictures so far ! What a sweet smile Finley has, so cute. The outfit and blanket look fantastic , good job on that

Amie said...

Nat - Michigans are the same as Red Hots. Did you ever have Charlie's Red Hots in Colchester??? Remember that place?

Deb said...

Great posts and you lucked out with sunny New England weather.