CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Weekend Update: Lots of Fun

We had a great weekend!!

Girls night kicked it off with Tara and I getting pedicures. We had decided last month that we'd like to get each other pedis for our birthdays, so we went to Cloud 9 Spa and got pampered! It was fantastic & I think we both needed a little relaxation. Next, we met up with Kiera, Kathy and Krista for an introductory to Dream Dinners. We each made a dinner that we took home & froze for a night that we want something easy and tasty to cook without much fuss. It was a great time & really easy! We liked it so much that we set a date to go back in December to make more meals :)
Saturday, Jay worked in the morning while I slept in (aaaaahhhh) and did a little fabric shopping. After our mid-afternoon naps, we went to the World's Toughest Rodeo - a division of the Toughest Cowboy series that I worked on earlier this year. We took Shane & Erin to the event at Jobing.com arena and enjoyed the VIP treatment as well as some tough competition. As you can see, Jay and I also sported our Halloween "costumes" so as to fit in as much as possible.
Soon after we got up Sunday morning, we headed to Jay's work for a little bit before hitting Ikea for breakfast & desk shopping. I had to get the Swedish Meatball deal - it was on sale this week for only 99 cents! 10 meatballs, mashed potatoes, and some lingonberries on the side. Delish! Jay had bacon, eggs, french toast sticks, and potatoes for $1.99 - gotta love a good deal!
Here is what we picked up. It's nothing fancy, but we just wanted something that will work until we move to a new place (hopefully in the next year or so). It fits perfectly in the corner and we now have our coffee table back!!
That afternoon we got a call from Shane saying that he & Erin snagged some free tickets (and parking passes!) to the Arizona State Fair. It was the last night of the 3+ week event, and the big Demolition Derby was going on, so how could we resist? But seriously, who am I kidding here? We really went for the food. Fried food & lots of it! Some new options this year were Fried Tiramisu, Fried Cookie Dough, and Fried Butter (though we couldn't find the latter - probably a blessing in disguise):
The Fried Cookie Dough was ok, but the Fried Oreos didn't fail us:
Shane and Erin got a Texas Donut - Erin & I were quick to grab the first bites:
And now here's the kicker. Chocolate covered scorpions. People pay for them. To eat.
Guess who wanted to try??
Shane & Jay chewed up every tiny bite. They both agreed that it tasted like they might have "pickled" them in some sort of alcohol before coating them in chocolate. Kinda like some sick sort of chocolate cordial. I say no thank you.
And finally, before heading to the Derby, we got the required turkey leg, some frilly fries, and grabbed our seats.
The Derby didn't disappoint. Car #7 took home the bounty.

Until next year, State Fair. Our bodies are thankful you are only once a year. I don't think I could handle Fried Oreos available at the local drive-thru.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG. So much fried food! Ack. I tried to eat some this summer in NY at a fair. Urgh. I felt so gross after. But, it's soooo much fun at the moment. YUM. Glad you had fun!

Tricia said...

Looks like fun. You didn't tell me you found a desk. It looks nice. Yay for fried oreos, I've never tried them but they sound delicious.

Tara and Jeff said...

wow...jam packed weekend of fun I see:) I was so ever excited when I opened up the freezer this morning and found the almond chicken for tonights dinner. After being gone all weekend it was nice not to have to cook when I got home

Deb said...

You always have such fun. Can't wait to hear about all the dinners you will be making.

Kiera and Joe said...

My dinner was SO good!!! Did you like yours?? It was so great to see you and I can't wait to garage sale with you this weekend!!!