CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 23, 2009

Weekend Update: Twice as Nice!

Another fabulous weekend is behind us. Jay and I woke up early Saturday morning to meet Joe, Kiera and Kate for breakfast at Joe's Farm Grill. We have wanted to go for a while now & since it was over on the Blech's side of town, we figured why not? It was really cute - kinda reminded me of The Farm at South Mountain being that you almost forget you are in Phoenix when you're there with all the trees. The food was tasty (even though they didn't have real maple syrup - next time I need to remember to bring my own) and the company was great as usual.

After breakfast, we all headed to a one-day "boutique" craft show in Gilbert that Kiera's friend had a table at. It was called Le Chic Polka Dot Boutique and was really cute! Lots of great crafters all together in one spot - just in time for Christmas shopping! I especially like craft shows because it gives me great ideas of things I can make myself! Someday I will participate in one - just need the time to build up some inventory!!

Timmy & Benny Burlend's First Birthday was next. Kathy and Matt have a beautiful yard that was the perfect place to celebrate on this fall day. There was a bounce house for the kids and lots of food for the adults! The boys loved their cake and did a great job of entertaining us with fists full of frosting! I think it was the first 1st birthday party that Jay & I have attended that didn't end in tears! :)
Kiera, Kathy & I had a very nice visit. Kathy was the Hostess with the Mostess and put on a great party!
Jay had a great time too. He's with Timmy in this picture. Timmy just started walking and was showing Jay his new moves.
After the party, we went right to church and then got home just in time to watch Nebraska win against Kansas State!! This, I tell you, is very exciting news because now they're playing in the Big 12 Championship on Jay's birthday!! I think I know what he's going to want to do all day :) Go Big Red!

Sunday Jay woke up early & went to work for a bit. I woke up just in time for him to come home with Dunkin Donuts just for me! What a man I have!! We had a nice lazy morning together before grabbing some lunch at our favorite pizza joint. Sadly, I had to drop him off at the airport afterwards so he could head to Salt Lake City for a few days.

That's pretty much our weekend in a nutshell. Only 2 more days of work before we head up to Colorado to celebrate Thanksgiving with the family. We're looking forward to seeing everyone, especially Xander and Liam who grow so much in between our visits!! I apologize in advance for what's sure to be a long, photo-heavy post in the near future!! xoxox

3 comments:

Tricia said...

Yum Dunkin Donuts! I love the last pic of Jay and Timmy.

Tara and Jeff said...

Wow! sounds like a really fun weekend with all those babies:) enjoy colorado

Deb said...

HOpe you are enjoying Colorado. Can't wait to see the upcoming photos.