CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Getting Home

The trip to our new home was quite an adventure! Thursday, the night before our 7am flight to Chicago (for Edward and I, Jay would be driving to Vermont) Jay got an email that our flight was cancelled. He spent over an hour on the phone with the airline trying to figure out our options. The soonest they could get us to Vermont was Monday. We ended up rebooking our flight out of Chicago instead. So we got up early Friday morning to drive to Chicago. 

I felt horrible that morning and couldn't even stomach a bagel for breakfast so though I was glad to not be at the airport, stuck in a car wasn't my second choice! Just over an hour into the drive, I puked!! Sorry for the graphic, but oh my, I am glad I had time to grab a couple empty grocery bags from Edwards backpack usually reserved for his potty accident clothes. Volume wise, it was impressive. Jay pulled off the interstate and I was able to buy a toothbrush & toothpaste, Tums, and some Gatorade. Needless to say, it was a long 10-hour drive!! We made it to Chicago and checked into our hotel for the night. 

Another early wake-up and we were at the airport! Jay got us checked in and then got on the road, headed to Vermont. Edward insisted on "helping" for most of the morning:
We made it on the flight to Philly! On the walk down the aisle, Edward walks in front of me while I carry his car seat. This time he decided to sit in someone else's seat, buckle up, and say "bye mama". Since my hands were full, with a line of people trying to get on after me, I was stuck!! A nice gentleman helped me with the car seat so I could grab Edward. The lollipop was my bargaining tool. Whatever it takes when traveling!!
He loved his blue tongue:
Once we got to Philly, we ate lunch and then got to our gate to find out our flight to Burlington was cancelled. So frustrating!! The line for customer service was sooo long, so while I waited, I called and got us rebooked. They couldn't get us to BTV until Monday, so I chose Manchester, NH and prayed for the best. The flight was already delayed, but it was our best chance. I called my mom to let her know she had to get started on a nearly 3 hour road trip to pick us up and that we may or may not be there at the other end!! Luckily Edward got tired and took a 1.5 hour nap. I just leaned him back and enjoyed some "quiet" time as I finally felt the babies kicking like crazy for the first time!
After he woke up we still had a couple more hours to wait so we passed the time playing Frogger:
We finally made it to Manchester around 7:30pm and Edward was so excited to see his Grammy!
We didn't get to Stacy's until 12:30am...and guess who didn't go to sleep till 1:30?! 

Six days later I finally got our bag and the crazy adventure came to a close. 

Now to start our Vermont adventure - we can't wait!






1 comments:

Mom Crosby said...

We are thrilled you made it and now call Vermont home!