CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 29, 2009

A Night with Legends...and a cup (or 10) of Coffee

This past Thursday night, Jay and I attended Elton John & Billy Joel's "Face to Face" concert with Jeff and Tara. The four of us along with Kiera, Joe, Krista and her friend Erin enjoyed an early dinner at Oreganos before heading downtown for the show. All I can say is that the show was AMAZING. If you have the opportunity to attend, I strongly recommend you do! Both Elton & Billy (yes, we're on a first name basis now) performed beautifully both together and on their own - for a continuous three and a half hours! Here are some photos from the night:



On a completely different note, my husband seems to have acquired a new collection in the quest for the perfect Mexican coffee. Our favorite so far is from Sunflower market and reminds us of our honeymoon in Playa del Carmen. The others, not so much. Check out what is taking up some serious real estate in our freezer nowadays.
And since we are on the topic of coffee, I just had to post this pic that I took a couple weeks ago. It made me giggle when I came home from work one day.  Jay had some serious ingenuity when looking for something to close up the coffee bag. Rubber bands? No. Tape? No way. Bobby Pin? Perfect! Love him :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha ha ha!!! Love the coffee pics! I'm a little worried about coffee when I get back to the states. I'm so used to getting beans and grinding my own to use in my french press. When I went home in August, I tried DD and thought it was horribly weak and had too much sugar (and I'm a sugar freak). So, I guess my coffee preferences have changed since moving here!

The coffee here is a bit different (darker, a bit different flavor) and I hope I can find a local roaster in the area. Yeah right! There is nothing, from I can tell so far. Crap town w/o even a farmer's market or health food store. YIKES! What will I do? And, it's not really an eco-friendly choice to have everything I want shipped to me! URGH. Kansas City may have options - but, that's a drive I don't want to make all that often...Kansassmansish.

Amie said...

Hi Nat! We actually usually buy our own beans and grind them though we don't use our french press that much anymore as it doesn't make enough for our weekend coffee drinking :)

Though I am sure you'll find some decent beans in your area (there has GOT to be a "local" shop that can help you find some good ones), you might want to consider roasting your own? My dad purchased a roaster a few years ago & I think he really liked it. If you want I'll ask him where he got it :)

Tara and Jeff said...

We had a great time and rock star parking too. I could definatly be Elton's galpal for sure, if he only knew me

Unknown said...

I've been thinking of a roaster to add to my "Homemade" essentials (yogurt maker, ice cream maker, etc). Thanks for reminding me of it.

I just went to Ikea today and bought a second French press 60% less than the Bodum I have. It looks almost identical. Anyway, both presses make two cups of a coffee. Since we now drink dark coffee, one cup is all we need at a time. So, if we decide to have more, we wait a bit. Or, I'll make more right away and put it in a heated thermos and save for later. I really don't like manual-drip coffee anymore. Coffee pots don't the coffee hot enough for me and the filter takes away some of the flavor I love. But, I can't believe I am saying that. B/c two years ago, weak, flavored coffee with lots of sugar was my favorite. Wow, things have changed!