CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year!

Once the sun set and the Blue Moon was high in the sky, Jay and I started our 2009/2010 New Year's celebration.
We were initially planning on going to a bar to just "chill out" but ended up going to a friend of Shane & Erin's house party which was such a relief to me! I wasn't thrilled about the idea of being in a crowded bar for the whole night. Anyway - Jay and I brought some take & bake pizzas as a snack. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but you should see the oven in this beautiful kitchen (which, by the way I swear looks like it's straight out of HGTV - beautiful!) - it was so TINY! We all joked & called it an Easy Bake Oven - the pizza barely fit (touched the sides) which resulted in it smoking most of the time it was in there. I tried to get the smoke on camera, but instead got a bunch of goofy guys hanging out around it waiting for it to be done:
Jay and I were taking bites in the kitchen and one of the girls at the party had to take our picture - she said we looked like a commercial for DiGiorno - because we were enjoying it so much - haha!
I am posting this picture simply as a reminder to Jay and I of this moment. Let's just say he passed around a picture of something rather disgusting on his phone to a bunch of strangers that night. Love their reactions...
Almost midnight!
Welcome 2010!!!!
Shane got a little love from the Davis':
You think I had too much Diet Coke or what? I love our friends!!
Once all the kissing and hugging was done, Jay put on "Party in the USA" and everyone sang & danced. Wow do we sound lame, but let me tell you - it was hilarious! I have a video of Shane that I should get up here but until then, here's a pic:
The rest of the night was a mix of Rock Band, board games, and conversation! Jay & I didn't get home until just after 3am!! We did continue the "party" Friday afternoon with lunch at Chompies with the same group of people before spending the rest of the day on the couch in our pjs - just what the doctor ordered!


We both look forward to 2010 and all that it will bring and want to thank you for sharing with us in all our adventures!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your signature at the bottome. How'd you get that? Looks like you had fun on New Years. I was stuck watching the Grippo Funk Band at Higher Ground. I guess he used to be good - but bombed on New Years. Boring as all get out. But, I was with good company. So, that's all that counts, right!