CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 11, 2008

From our Kitchen: Apple Crisp


The temperature has dipped into the 70s this weekend which to us Arizonans is quite chilly! Jay and I have the windows open and the cool breeze is blowing the chimes on our patio. It's the perfect day for my family's fall tradition: Apple Crisp. 

Here is the super secret family recipe:
4c sliced apples 
1T lemon juice
2/3c flour
2c oatmeal
1c brown sugar
1t salt
2t cinnamon
2/3c melted butter

Fill greased 8x8 pan with sliced apples. Sprinkle with lemon juice to keep from browning. Mix flour, oatmeal, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon in a separate bowl. Add melted butter and mix. Place mixture over apples. Bake at 375 for 30 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm (with vanilla ice cream) or cold (good for breakfast!).

4 comments:

Tricia said...

Yum! Now I want to make Apple Crisp.

Unknown said...

Yum. I don't bake anymore, aside from low-fat breads and muffins - but, I will have to make some crisp before my dad leaves - as a treat!

Unknown said...

Oh, I don't bake anymore (sweets) b/c I'm trying to lose weight and if I make anything, I have NO self-control and eat whatever my family doesn't. My father has been rummaging through my kitchen and can't find anything to munch or snack on. No sweets after dinner is really weird to him. Sorry, Dad! No can do!

Anonymous said...

Now it's not "super secret" anymore! Geez!