CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 5, 2008

From our Kitchen: A Pumpkin Frame of Mind

As fall is descending upon Phoenix, my cravings are going "fall" as well. This weekend was all about Pumpkin. Last night, I made my own modification of this Pumpkin Bread recipe. I used 1/2 whole wheat flour instead of all white, and added a handful of chocolate chips before baking for sweetness. One of our two loaf pans was not looking too good, so instead of two loaves as I had planned, I made one loaf and a bunch of pumpkin muffins instead!

Tonight, we were craving pumpkin of a different form: Pumpkin ice cream. Thanks to my sister Tricia's post about this seasonal delight, Jay and I ran to the grocery store today to pick some up. It is quite tasty indeed!!
Coming up next (probably): Apples. Apple cider, apple crisp, apple pie...I just love this time of year!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

YUM! I may have to make something w/pumpkin this week!

Deb said...

So instead of apple pie and apple crisp I too might have to try a pumpkin recipe. Will keep you posted.

Kiera and Joe said...

I just posted about pumpkin treats too!! That is so funny! You and Joe both must have been in a baking mood last night :)