CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Weekend Update

Jay surprised me AGAIN. He and Jeff planned today's outing as a get-out-of-town day for Tara and I. What a treat!

We met at Deer Valley Airport (awwww...where Jay and I...and Jeff met!). After welcoming ourselves into Westwind for a quick self-guided tour of our old school we headed north on I-17. It was a cool & cloudy day which made it perfect for a car ride.

Here is where we ended up:



Page Springs Vineyard is located off a windy road in Cornville, Arizona. This quaint vineyard is actually owned by Maynard Keenan, lead singer of Tool. (We actually saw him today at an apparel store he owns in Jerome on the way back home). I digress...


When we arrived, Jay and I took part in a tasting of several delicious red wines before selecting a bottle for our picnic lunch. Before we headed out to the picnic area, we noticed that they had just harvested a bunch of grapes and watched as they put them through the "squisher" machine.
Look at all those grapes!!


The people there gave us this basket to carry down to the picnic area by Oak Creek which flows nearby.

Aren't the boys cute?

Here are some photos of the vineyard:





And us enjoying our picnic lunch:

(Doesn't Jay look so happy to pose with me for the picture?!)


Thanks Jeff and Tara for such a fun day!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What fun! I love wineries! My dad is here and we're hoping to bring him up with the family to the Douro region of Portugal this coming weekend. We'll tour in Porto which is where Port wine is made.

Deb said...

Looks a little bigger than our Shelburne Vineyard. Glad you enjoyed yourselves.

Todd Davis said...

looks like a lovely day out!