CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Weekend Update: Flying High

The weekend isn't quite over yet, but I'm already convinced that it's been a pretty awesome one! 

Saturday morning, Kathy and I carpooled to Kiera's baby shower which was a lot of fun - great to chat with the ladies and see all the cute things that little baby Blech will enjoy in a few months! I had to jet a bit early due to a very important event: Ryan was taking me flying!

It has been 2 years since my last flight and as you readers know, I have been quite upset about my lack of air time. My recent birthday presented the perfect opportunity to go fly the friendly skies like the good ol' days with none other than my smelly friend Ryan. For those of you who don't know, Ryan and I did 99% of our flight training together. Our many adventures included long cross country flights around the southwest, navigating over dust storms and around forest fires, 110+ degree sweaty flights with no air conditioning, extremely windy approaches, and landing upon squirly landing! We made it through training alive and well with a ton of great stories to tell! Thank you Ryan for an amazing afternoon!!

Here are some pictures from yesterday's flight:
Me and our airplane for the day

Lake Pleasant up ahead

Me concentrating on holding altitude & airspeed - it came back to me pretty easily!

Friends at 4500 feet

Deer Valley Airport (DVT) on downwind

Our final approach to land - don't worry, Ryan had the controls while I took this pic!

This whole time we were flying, Jay was in the car listening to the Nebraska game :) Luckily they won and we were all happy!

After the flight, the three of us headed to Jeff and Tara's to visit Alistair. He was wearing the little onesie that I made for him! How cute!


He's sooooo tiny!

Jeff's mom got them this kangaroo baby holder thingy. It was so cute how he stuck his little leg out!

The big kids made nachos and enchiladas for dinner. Very tasty!

Ryan holding baby Alistair

So here we are on Sunday afternoon still in our pjs. It's a welcome rest after a long Saturday. We might, just might leave the house later today to do something productive...but if not, I'm fine with that. It has been an awesome weekend already.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Busy and fun filled is how I think your weekend sounds. Great pictures. Glad you and Ryan got to go flying like the old days. Luv ya

Unknown said...

Awesome! Great to see you back up. What fun!

How'd you make the shirt? It's really cute.

Angela Jarman said...

Awwww I miss Phoenix soooo much sometimes. Say hi to Ryan and Jeff and Tara ....
Oh and Jay too ;)

Kiera and Joe said...

I am so glad you got to go flying! You have so many great talents....flying, jewelry, sewing, making adorable onesies for little babies! What a fun weekend!!

Todd Davis said...

Sounds like you had a blast! And great pictures of baby Alistair too. As for being in your PJs on a Sunday afternoon with no plans or committments - ENJOY THAT WHILE IT LASTS :)