CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Weekend Update

Not a hugely exciting weekend, but it surely was relaxing! Yesterday we went up to Westgate to see the movie Twilight with Jeff and Tara. Tara and I had read the book and the boys were along for the ride. It was a special day because it was the first time our friends were away from their little Alistair. Cellphone in hand, they managed to get through it while Grandma Kathy watched him at home.

After the movie, we headed to Sweet O for lunch and enjoyed some wine while munching on sandwiches, cheese and finally a pumpkin gingerbread chocolate that Jay selected for us. Delicious!

Speaking of delicious, we made a Barbeque Chicken Pizza for dinner Saturday night. I had to take a picture because it was so pretty. We made it with Boboli, barbeque sauce, chicken, cheese, and sauteed red onions. After it was cooked, toss on some chopped cilantro. So good.

I was excited to see Jay helping with clean-up by washing the dishes. He turned on the water and I quickly heard a loud "OUCH" and thought the water was too hot. Nope - not hot - he sliced his index finger with a very sharp serrated knife. In his words, "I could feel the serrated edge bouncing off the bone". Nice. I headed to Walgreens to get some supplies to patch my man up. Here's the result:

Today was a very domestic day for me - I did a few loads of laundry, baked some more pumpkin bread, started (and finished!) a sewing project, and shopped for a friend's wedding shower gift. All the while Jay had a very manly day - he watched several hours football and drank beer with the boys. 

Now back to work for only 3 days until we can enjoy a nice long weekend. 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Found sounds Yummy. I know nothing about Twilight and I'll to check out the book and movie.

Deb said...

Sounds very relaxing with good food, friends and a little wine.

Tricia said...

I'm glad you had a nice weekend. We need to catch up!

Tara and Jeff said...

Ouch ! Nurse Amie to the rescue, that could be fun ...lol Jeff actually enjoyed the movie the most I think...haha its a high school girl thing I guess