CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 25, 2008

A Married Christmas

Our first married Christmas has been wonderful. The festivities started a couple weeks ago when we decided what we were going to get each other....ready for this? Cowboy boots!! We have been talking about getting them for a few years now and this year everything fell into place.


Jay took me to Saba's during my lunch break a couple weeks ago to check out the options. Little did I know we'd find THE boots! Check out what I was doing at work soon after our lunch date:
I had a little photo shoot with my new boots this morning too - in case you want a closer look:
I love the stitching:
Beautiful, don'tcha think?

Now here's the sad part: Jay has "special" feet. No store in the area carries his size, so we found a pair online that we are hoping arrive soon. Cross your fingers that they fit!!


Our Christmas continued last night as we took a walk around our neighborhood to check out some of the lights and enjoy the cool, crisp air. Not the best picture of us, but Jay only gave me one chance!!!
Right down the street was a cul-de-sac lined by luminaries. So pretty!
I had to get a picture of Santa in his airplane.
We stayed up late to attend midnight mass which of course was beautiful and very uplifting. It was a packed house so we were glad we got there early enough to get a seat! The Christmas music filled the church and the spirit filled my heart.

We woke up this morning to rain. The lemons are hanging heavy on the tree outside our patio and the air is fresh and clean. What a perfect morning!
Like Tricia & Sean, we too enjoyed Orange Sweet Rolls for breakfast as we opened gifts from family. We watched the Polar Express (thanks Stacers!) and have been just enjoying our day together. Dinner is braising in the oven and the house is fragrant of red wine and herbs. Mmmmm.


We wish you all a very Merry Christmas full of sweet memories and special moments with family and friends. God Bless!



Love, Jay and Amie

3 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the boots!

I was beautiful here yesterday! Sunny, 60's, light breeze coming off the sea. I do NOT miss the snow!!!

Deb said...

I am so glad you enjoyed your Christmas in Phoenix with your new husband. It was great talking with you as well. Love you!

The Boring Wife said...

"Special" feet. Haha! We all know what "special" means, Jay's feet are retarded! Just kidding but I do love the boots, way to bring back an awesome trend. In Flagstaff those are a staple :)