CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 8, 2008

Weekend Update

Our weekend started off with dinner at Buca di Beppo to celebrate Jay's birthday. Unfortunately, I had stayed home sick from work that day, so Jay had to deal with a stuffed up and sneezy wife for the night! Krista & Angelo, Kiera & Joe, Jeff, Tara & Alistair all joined us for some delicious Italian food. We were seated in the "Passion Pit" for dinner which meant that we were surrounded by some very interesting photos! They ended up being great conversation starters! 
Saturday morning, I headed up to Glendale for a 5-hour sewing class with Myla which was really nice (thanks to some help from DayQuil). We really enjoy these long sewing classes as it's a good time to catch up and learn new skills at the same time! I worked on making a button down shirt for Jay which turned out to be more of a two-class project that I will finish (and of course blog about) at a later date. Class wore me out for the day, resulting in a 5+ hour nap while Jay in the meantime headed out to his company's "unofficial" holiday party. I'm pretty sure it was a good time because I got a phone call for a ride at 12:15am! As much as I missed out on hanging out with friends, staying home was a good choice. I needed the sleep!

Sunday we both slept until 11:00. Lazy day, but very nice. We just watched some tv and eventually left the house to grab some pizza for dinner. I was craving something to eat other than soup! We had to stop by Jay's work to send off a plane (it was the first time this particular plane has flown out of PHX for the company so Jay needed to be there to make sure things went smoothly) before heading home...and then back to the airport because the pilots left the maintenance logs at the base after taxiing across the airport!! It ended up being kinda fun because we drove across the airport (literally - on the airport) to get to deliver the logs while the plane was being loaded by the DHL folks. We got to go inside and check out the cockpit - an offer I will never turn down! I checked out GoogleImages for a photo of the plane and the actual one that I'm talking about showed up (of course this pic wasn't taken here): 

Jay had a sore throat today so we've got him on Emergen-C hoping that it will fend off the sickness! This week we have dancing lessons and my company holiday party on Friday night. Christmas is just around the corner so we still have some shopping to finish up as well! 

1 comments:

Deb said...

Get better soon! Love ya