CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Surgery

Before:

Forearm cyst - this is the newest of the 2

This is the one he's had for 8 years now. We put a pea there for your reference :)
Jay had to be at the hospital by 9am for his 11:00 surgery. We got there on time and checked in. I had to wait while they got him hooked up in Pre-Op and then was allowed back to hang out with him until they were ready for him. It was quite a wait so we had a fun time taking pictures!

Unruly patient
Thumbs up
Dead Sexy
It was great because the waiting room had a screen just like the cell-phone lots at airports. I had Jay's secret patient number and could follow his progress on a scrolling screen! The surgery took just under an hour at which time the surgeon came out to tell me that everything went really well. Because he had general anesthesia, he had to spend over an hour in recovery which I wasn't allowed into. Once he was ready, one of the nurses got me and went through all of the rules, medication, etc. Keep in mind that one of the rules was to go directly home from the hospital before doing anything (even before dropping off the prescription). She then told me to go grab the car & they'd be right out with Jay. I tell ya, valet parking at hospitals is awesome!! The valet got our car and soon after Jay was wheeled out and looking great but a little loopy :)

First thing out of his mouth: "CHINO BANDITO!" Yup - my husband was starving. Having not allowed him anything to eat prior to the surgery, he would not let it go and didn't give me much of a choice. It was only a couple blocks away, so we grabbed some to go and went on our way. Of course 2 minutes into the drive home he wanted to drop off the prescription AND grab a movie at Blockbuster! Needless to say, my patient was pretty much a pain in the butt but I was so glad he was normal. Just like any other day - hungry and back seat driving :)

Here is the post-op photo we took at home:

Last night we were allowed to take off the bandages to Jay's relief. I get a little woozy with these pics, but check out the "final" result:

He goes in tomorrow to get the stitches out. We're not yet sure how long it will be before he can fly again, but so far driving has been ok.

Thanks everyone for your concern these past few days. We love you!!

5 comments:

Tricia said...

nice stitches Jay, you're bada**

Christi said...

My little bro had the same surgery a year or so ago ... I will have to ask him how he is feeling these days. You seem like it was nothing!

Cute VDAY post too. What a HOT devil Amie! I wish I had your abs!!!

Christi

Deb said...

Glad everything went so smoothly Jay. Hope you can get up in the air again soon.

Todd Davis said...

Looks like you're healing nicely - good luck getting back into the cockpit soon.

Tara and Jeff said...

oh poor baby! but what a cool pink cast, it suits you nicely