CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Weekend Update: Low Key

Since our weekend pretty much started on Friday with Jay's surgery, it was pretty low-key compared to the last few. I'm going to do a separate post on the surgery, but here's the run-down on everything else!

Friday night after I finished up some work and Jay took a little nap, we headed over to the Sanocki's house to celebrate Raelyn's 11th birthday. The birthday girl made her very own signs for the event:
The night included Guitar Hero/Rock Band video game stuff, a neighborhood-wide scavenger hunt, and all the kids got to decorate their own cakes! Birthday girl is bottom left of this pic sporting her sparkly tiara:
Saturday was Valentine's Day, so I made Jay dinner. The dinner he made me last year was pretty darn good, so I had a lot to live up to and was glad to have received good reviews. (To have your Nebraskan husband tell you you cooked a steak perfect is no small feat!) The recipe I made was Steak with Parmesan Butter, Balsamic Glaze and Arugula. I also made a side of roasted tomatoes. After dinner, we enjoyed some out-of-the-box brownies (I know, how unlike me!) and a movie before heading to bed early.

Sunday we went up to the Maxham house for their 2nd Annual Daytona 500 party. You couldn't miss the house if you tried!
It was nice to spend time with friends and enjoy junk food all day! Jay was lucky - they even had non-alcoholic beers for him to drink since he was still on some strong medication from the surgery!

Ok...on to post about the patient :)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

The dinner sounds delicious!