CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 24, 2009

Weekend Update: Chillaxin' for Once

Friday night, Jay and I went to our friends Krista & Angelo's house for Angelo's birthday party. They recently bought a house that we hadn't seen yet. It was beautiful!! They live in a really nice neighborhood and it's beautifully furnished.

....now...speaking of beautiful...aren't we cute?
Kiera and Joe were there too. Kiera brought these yummy, ooey gooey funfetti cupcakes that got approval from the birthday boy:
Me, Krista and Kiera:
I have to post the following picture. The bookcases in their loft were organized by color!! I LOVE this idea! Look how pretty it is!
The party moved from downstairs near the food and drinks to upstairs where everyone played Rock Band.
Check out my favorite Rock Star. As usual, he did awesome...
On Saturday, I dropped Jay off at the airport so he could head to Texas to attend a friend's housewarming party. I took the free afternoon as an opportunity to get some filing done. UGH is a good way to describe this chore. The floor and the couches were covered in piles and after over three hours of filing, shredding and organizing, I decided to save the rest for another "rainy day".
Jay came back home Sunday around noon and we just enjoyed a lazy day together. Have I told you how much I love lazy days? We didn't have anywhere we needed to be or anything we needed to do...so we just stayed home, watched some shows recorded on our DVR and enjoyed time with each other. We also had one of our favorite nice and easy dinners: A Mediterranean spread of baguette, salami, cheese (me swiss, jay horseradish cheddar), olives, and olive oil/balsamic vinegar for dipping. YUM!

2 comments:

Tara and Jeff said...

looks like you guys had a blast at the birthday party. Enjoy those lazy days while you can

Kiera and Joe said...

We had so much fun with you guys at the party! I really enjoyed sharing the entire bowl of veggie puffs with you :) Nothing beats jungle juice and veggie puffs at midnight!!