CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 22, 2009

100th Post and OMG.

Wow. 100! Can you believe it? In just over a year, we have told 100 stories on this blog. Stories that we will remember forever - stories that reflect on the first year of our marriage. I love it.

And you know what else I love? Surprises. Last night at 11:00 - way past my bedtime- Jay and I went to pick up Tricia & Sean from the airport. Sean has a conference here in town and Tricia came along. I was so excited to see them - the first time since their wedding in May. Anyway - I was greeted with a huge hug from Tricia at the curb and there was Sean with his camera taking a picture? I'm thinking: What the heck? I figured it was for their blog. Maybe they were starting to get all picture-happy like I am here on this blog or something. Anyway, then Tricia announces, "Amers, I want to give you your birthday present". I'm thinking: WTF? It's 11pm and my birthday isn't until Sunday. Let's go to bed! I have to wake up in 6 hours!

And then something happened that I didn't even consider as a possibility.

This girl came out from behind a column at the curb and stood there all like YAY! LOOK! I'm here! And I was all tired and confused and all...WHO ARE YOU? I better hurry up and figure out who this girl is because I'm supposed to be surprised and stuff...this is my birthday present!

And then it clicked. HOLY SH*T. It's Stacy. My sister that is afraid of flying so horribly that she didn't dare rest her head on the window of the plane because she thought it would break and that would be the end of it. My sister who has never been to Arizona in the 7 years I've lived here. And when I finally realized it was her, I bawled like a baby. Because that's what I do. And still less than 12 hours later, I'm tearing up as I write this. I know, not a shocker.
Here are the ugly but very real photos that Sean captured. I like how in the first one you can see Jay's surprise too.

Bawling:

Anyway -the three of us will be together all weekend! And with no wedding or big family event to worry about. Jay and Sean better watch out. This is one for the history books and it is just beginning.

xoxo
A

Oh, and P.S. we have spa day tomorrow and Stacy already booked her treatments too so it's all worked out. They've been planning this for weeks.

4 comments:

Tricia said...

so glad the surprise was a success!

Kiera and Joe said...

I was tearing up too! I'm such a sap for great suprises :) I know you will have such a great time with both your sisters!

Deb said...

Kiera I know what you mean. I teared up when Amie told me how it worked out. I teared up on their facebook pages and here again... tears are flowing... Have a wonderful weekend everyone...
LOVE YOU ALL.

Tara and Jeff said...

I LOVE this blog ! I totally felt like I was there with you experiencing it ! you guys will have fun