CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Time to go Desk Shopping...

....because check out my birthday gift from my wonderful husband!!!

Photo Credit

But here I am starting in the middle of the story and didn't we just talk about how starting at the beginning was the way to go?

Let's start over:

Jay had me open a couple gifts during the day Sunday - the first one being a roll of Necco wafers (it's one of my favorite candies from growing up), the second was new earbuds for my iPod (apparently the headphone thingys I have now are passe), and then after everyone was safely at the airport, he had me open my "final" gift:

Photo Credit

I have wanted Photoshop for a while now, and was so excited to finally be able to play around with photo editing and creating digital images to use for other projects! As I was asking him if it would work on our computer (which is a Powerbook that we just LOVE, but is getting a little slow because it's overloaded with photos that I am working on getting saved elsewhere), he disappeared. I sat there on the couch and then heard him coming back in the house from the garage area with a big box.

"This is your REAL gift" he said as he put it down in front of me.

OMG OMG OMG. It's a big box! And it's for me! It didn't take long for me to rip it open and find this:

(cue: angels singing)

Isn't it beautiful!? The screen is huge (24 inches!) and it's so shiny and pretty and fancy and OMG I CAN DO SO MUCH WITH IT!

Right now it's all set up on our coffee table which is pretty much just making me nervous because we use this coffee table for eating dinner, putting up our feet, etc. My new friend needs her very own special place, so I've started looking on Craigslist and Ikea for some ideas. We don't have a lot of room so we're thinking of a corner desk of some sort. The great thing is there is no need to worry about storing a CPU - it's all in one sleek package!

I'll be watching some Photoshop tutorials over the next few weeks and soon enough will be able to share with you some fun things I've learned!

Thanks Jay for topping off what already was the best birthday ever!

3 comments:

Hampers said...

You are lucky enough to get a big gift in a big box. It's time to go desk shopping. enjoyed it very much.

Unknown said...

Jealous over here! So jealous!

Deb said...

Enjoy your new toy. Can't wait to see what great things you can do with it.