CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 19, 2009

Weekend Update: Celebrating 7 Years and More...

What a whirlwind of a weekend at home!! We started it off by rooting for the Cornhuskers at our local Nebraska bar on Saturday afternoon. We don't really want to talk about how the game ended, but the good thing was that I was sporting my new red Nebraska t-shirt that I have been waiting for YEARS to get! I ordered one for myself and surprised Jay on Saturday morning. I finally felt like I belonged in the sea of red!

Saturday night, Jay surprised me by taking me out to dinner at Chompies.
It was such a special date because 7 years ago Friday was our very first date there. I wish I had a picture of us back then, but instead I'll tell you that he asked me out for soup. Not for dinner, or a drink, but soup. And I said yes and the rest is history. And now here we are all happy and married! I can't believe how time flies!
And now for the food pictures because what is our blog without food pictures? Jay insisted I try something new so I had the Monte Cristo sandwich. It was good but a bit too sweet for me - at least for dinner. I think it would be a great breakfast because the bread was actually french toast....and you dip it in strawberry jam!
Jay had two appetizers for dinner - the chopped liver with bagel chips and the stuffed cabbage roll. Can you believe those are appetizers? Their portions are huge!! Lots of leftovers for breakfast Sunday morning though and apparently the chopped liver was even better in the morning. *ick*
I don't know why I didn't take pictures of dessert because it was delicious! Jay had a fruit tart and I had a mini eclair & a mini cannoli. You gotta love Jewish delis - delicious food and even better pastries!

Thanks, honey for a wonderful surprise!! I love you!!


On Sunday, we headed to North Scottsdale to celebrate Tara's 30th birthday. We went to Buffalo Wild Wings and enjoyed beer, wings, and friends! It was so much fun and the birthday girl had a great time! Here she is with Kate looking rather serious:
The girls - Kiera, Me and Tara
I had to get some good Kate time in. Kiera got her to smile at just the right time!
And for those of you who know about Jay's 6-month rule, he finally got to hold Kate for the first time - way past the 6-month mark. Better late than never!
I just had to post this one because look how sweet she is all cuddled up to her mommy!
Tara and I needed a break from the football, so we went next door and got some gelato. MMMmmmm it was so good!
After the games, we headed over to the movie theatre and watched "Couples Retreat". It was really funny and we all laughed - especially at the other "show" we saw while the movie was going on! All I have to say is our 12-year old daughter will never go to the movies without an adult! Holy Moly!


We have some very special guests coming this week, so look out for another fun-filled post soon!! xoxo

4 comments:

Tricia said...

that food doesn't look very green.

Tara and Jeff said...

thanks guys for making my 30th so great! I got some amazing friends

Deb said...

Sounds like another fun filled weekend. Can't wait to hear about this weekends adventures.

Kiera and Joe said...

Those are such cute pictures of Kate! Thanks for sharing!! And thanks for holding her at lunch. When ever she is with you and Jay I know she is in great hands :)