CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 19, 2010

a WONDERful St. Patrick's Day

St. Patrick's Day isn't what it used to be. For me at least. I mean, back in college it was Taking Beer In Your Coffee Mug To Class Day. Either that or Spend The Day Drinking Green Beer At The Bar Day. I'm not sure if we celebrated this way because we were all a bunch of Irish Catholics or if that's just how everyone did it, but all I know is I'm way too old for that now. 

And if I'm too old for that, Jay might be too. (I'm just sayin')

Anyway - my grown-up tradition has been to enjoy Corned Beef & Cabbage for dinner on St. Patrick's night. If Jay got as excited as I do about it I'd probably try making it myself, but he could take it or leave it so I just get take out instead. AJ's is a fancy-schmancy grocery store here in the Phoenix area & they always put together a great meal that I pick up on my way home from work. It's way better than going to a crowded bar & waiting for an order to be ready. Or even worse trying to find a parking spot. 


Jay had to work until about 6:00, so I enjoyed most of this meal by myself before he got home. I pretty much inhaled the first few bites of the meat because it's oh-so-good and I only have it once a year. All that fat - delish! There was so much of it that even after Jay had a few bites, we had some left over for Thursday night. 

After dinner, we enjoyed a nice mid-week date & caught the new Alice in Wonderland in IMAX 3D. 
It was on the biggest screen in Arizona - towering a full 6 stories high! Pretty cool! I hadn't seen a 3D movie since I went to Disney World back in the '90s so it was quite the experience. Expensive popcorn & soda was the icing on the cake.

Of course we had to get a picture to document our H-O-T glasses (Jay suggested the serious pose):
Well the weekend is here and we're both home AGAIN (!!!!) so stay tuned for another fun-packed weekend update! 

xoxo

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How was the movie? Food looks good. We were in Colorado and had curry instead. But, it was really good depsite missing out on a Irish dish I love.

Amie said...

Nat - the movie was good, not sure I'd say great. The 3D was cool & the actual storyline was interesting. If you go, don't expect the classic story. Alice is 19 in this, so its more like a sequel...