CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree

I thought of the perfect title for a blog post yesterday when I was coming home from work. Ready to hear it?

"No Christmas Tree, No Christmas Tree"

Isn't that clever? You see, it was December 11th and we were treeless. I was to the point where I had come to terms with the fact that we weren't going to have a tree this year. My lovely new computer and desk were now in the only space we had for a tree in our living room. I was thinking of picking up a tiny potted tree to use instead, but never got around to finding the right one (you see, Christmas trees, no matter what the size, must be real in my book).

It didn't really matter though. I came home from work to this beautiful sight:

This 2009 photo ornament (it's our tradition) was tucked inside:
Photo Source

I was so happy that I cried tears of joy. Anyone surprised? Jay sure wasn't when I called him at work to thank him. :)

I had the tree decorated and lit up before I went to bed. And here I sit peeking over at it every now and then, reminded of how simply sweet my husband is.

5 comments:

Kiera and Joe said...

I LOVE your tree! You have the best husband ever!

Deb said...

You are right - tears of joy-- no surprise. Where did you put it? On the deck?

Tricia said...

Yay! I put together a metal Christmas tree yesterday I don't like the fake trees either but since this one isn't trying to look like a real tree I'm fine with it. It's more like art!

Unknown said...

So sweet.

Tara and Jeff said...

Love the surprises that make the tears of joy come out:) that was really really sweet