CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Weekend Update: Christmas!

We had a lovely Christmas! It started out by spending Christmas Eve with Jeff, Tara & Alistair. Tara was working until about 7, so when we got there, I helped get dinner ready. We had steaks on the smoker, stuffed shells, chicken parmesan, brussels sprout hash, and bread pudding for dessert. It was all just delicious! After dinner, we opened presents. We got a beautiful framed finger painting from Alistair as well as a donut ornament. Tara also painted us a nice "D" for a collection I'm working on!

Alistair was a little tired at first, but then I told him that Santa was coming & that got him to smile!
Can you believe this is our 8th Chrismas?? I sure can't!
We left Jeff & Tara's around 10 so we could make it to midnight mass in time to get seats! We got there just in time & really enjoyed the service. It was packed - standing room only!

Since we went to church on Christmas Eve, we got to sleep in on Christmas Day. I think we were up by about 8:30. Jay had started breakfast (I'll do a separate post on that later), so we opened our stockings (Jay got me chocolate covered coffee beans, Necco wafers, and butter mints and I got him wasabi/soy almonds, Necco wafers and his favorite shaving cream). Funny about the Necco wafers because my mom sent me 3 bags as well! Then onto our gifts from family & each other. Jay got me....
...and.....
!!!!

I just love his drawings! We're going to see the Broadway Across America showings of Annie (you like how he even drew Sandy the dog?!) on January 3rd - next weekend! - and Mary Poppins in February. I am so excited because both are going to be date nights and who doesn't like dinner & a show?!

I got Jay a very fancy wine key that he'd been eyeing for a while. It's something that we will have forever and help us enjoy many bottles of wine together with :)

We were planning on staying in all day, but made a quick trip to Blockbuster to get some movies. We watched District 9 and Julie & Julia. I really enjoyed the latter while District 9 was ok. It wasn't what we expected, but was entertaining nonetheless.

Saturday we watched the other two movies we rented: Away We Go and Inglorious Basterds (both were pretty good). We also hit the mall and really enjoyed ourselves believe it or not! We were prepared for it to be packed, so just took our time in finding a parking spot and strolled around for a while. We're still on the hunt for Jay's perfect shoes...it's a mission that I'm determined to accomplish in 2010!!!

Today was another lazy day. I got some sewing finished and Jay is on his way home from golfing with friends. Oh, there he is now - time to go - we're heading to the bar to watch some football & get something to eat :)

Stay tuned for our Christmas breakfast yumminess!

0 comments: