CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Weekend Update: Ugly: ugh-lee. very unattractive or unpleasant to look at; offensive to the sense of beauty; displeasing in appearance.

Friday night was Joe & Kiera's 4th Annual Ugly Sweater Party. It is hard to imagine that people actually buy these sweaters for full price and wear them in public. The only thing I can start to pretend to understand is that some of these ugly-sweater-wearers are teachers. You know what I mean - young kids need that over stimulation of the senses by looking at bright! colors and textures like pom poms! and bells! Right?

The girls and I surely did a great job of finding just the right ugh-lee sweaters to wear for this occasion. I think these parties are becoming more common as neither Savers nor Goodwill had a trace of an ugly sweater on their racks. Kiera saved the night and let Jay & I borrow from their growing stash.

Check out us hotties in our very unattractive sweaters.
The McNeills did a great job of finding something displeasing-in-appearance to wear. Jeff also donned that 'stash to punctuate the look. (Alistair - good call on the striped PJs though they certainly are not ugly. I think it's hard to put someone as cute as you in something ugly, so we'll let you slide until next year).
The Blechs - as usual Joe's imagination rocked the house. Dickey!!! I think this qualifies for offensive-to-the-sense-of-beauty, don't you? (Kate - you will be mortified one day when you're 18 & see this picture. Just know - your parents do love you).
Kathy with her dates Elijah and Josh. The boys picked out their own unpleasant-to-look-at tops to wear.
And here we are in our omigosh-are-they-really-wearing-that sweaters. At least we're smiling, right?
So as you can tell, the party was a great time! Jay and I stayed up way past our bedtime and didn't get home until 1:00am!! It was so fun hanging out by the fire talking and listening to stories. I just love our friends!

The rest of the weekend was nice & quiet. Saturday we went to In & Out for burgers and then did a little grocery shopping. Oh, and I baked those date bars that were so yummy. Today...well, let's just say that I haven't changed out of my pajamas and it's nearly 8pm. It's THAT kind of day. I made beef stew in the crock pot (so good!), sewed & did laundry while Jay watched football & did some research online. We talked about all the exciting things we have to look forward to in 2010 as well. I just know it's going to be a great year!!

Christmas is just a few days away & we're all ready to celebrate. We wish you and your families a very blessed week!

xoxo Amie

4 comments:

Tricia said...

Love all the sweaters!

Tara and Jeff said...

yeah for holiday parties!!! Our sweaters will be going back to goodwill or savers for someone else to wear

Kiera and Joe said...

I'm so glad you guys came and stayed all night!! Hopefully you weren't hurtin too bad on Saturday :) It was a great party and we are so lucky to have you as our friends!

Unknown said...

You guys look beautiful! I hear those parties are popular now - several of my friends host annual parties.