CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

From Our Kitchen: Ok Well, Not Really

Why hello, Folks! I figured I'd get out of the "Weekend Update" rut and post about something a little different for once. We do fun stuff on weeknights too ya know!

Tonight I got together with Kiera and Tara for another session at Dream Dinners. You may remember me mentioning this in a Weekend Update post a few weeks ago. This time instead of making one meal, we each made 12!!

Our session started at 6, and all the ingredients were ready to go! We rotated around the stations and made all sorts of yummy dinners. Each month, they have a new "menu" to select from so the food never gets boring. Wanna hear what I made?

*Bruschetta Chicken Skewers
*Huge Sausage & Pepperoni Calzone
*Mango Chutney Chicken with Jasmine Rice
*Chicken with Honey, Garlic & Orange
*Savory Grilled Pork Chops with Sweet Potato Fries
*Garlic Balsamic Marinated Steak
*Chicken Mirabella
*Arroz con Pollo
*Classic Chicken & Dumplings

There were a few items that sounded real good, so I made 2 of them. The great thing is that it only took us a little over an hour to make it all and it is super easy to bring back home & store in the freezer.

And what would be a post without a picture? Check out the top shelf in our freezer - all stocked & ready to go for a night I don't feel like cooking!
And, in case you're wondering, the bottom shelf is our meat shelf. Jay is AWESOME at finding great deals, so we have a nice stash of pork chops, steak, chicken, sausage, and bacon for the nights that I feel like chopping, peeling and measuring.

The best of both worlds. Here in our very own freezer. How about that?

5 comments:

Tricia said...

yum!

Deb said...

Sounds wonderful. Now you have all the recipes as well to make them again? You'll have to do update on how they actually taste as well.

Kiera and Joe said...

I was totally going to take a picture of my freezer too! How funny! But I had to shove mine in and it doesn't look at pretty :) I had fun!! Can't wait to see how they turn out.

Tara and Jeff said...

There's nothing pretty about my freezer, in fact I've got TWO! I'm making the pesto Ravoli tonight and the calzones tomorrow. I'm excited :)

Anonymous said...

Love the freezer picture! I am glad you had a wonderful Dream Dinners experience. It is the ultimate buy in bulk and save way to have a home cooked dinner and does cost less than buying the same ingredients at a grocery store. It is also very eco friendly, so much less packaging when you buy in bulk. We actually have children on our tasting panels; it is amazing to see what kids will really eat. We put kids in a box when we only feed them "white foods". Don’t miss our new Dream Rewards program. You can get more dinner ideas on my blog Take care. http://stephanieallen.wordpress.com/