CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 8, 2010

Weekend Update: A Bowl of a Weekend

Well, it was a great weekend that we jam-packed with fun! Friday night we stayed in & watched a movie. Oh how I love nights like that!

Saturday we got out of the house & did a few errands including a trip to Ranch Market. Jay frequents this Hispanic grocery store for breakfast & lunch since it's so close to his work, but I don't get out to that area often, so it was a treat for me! We had tacos and horchata for lunch and then stocked up on jalapenos for our Super Bowl appetizer.

Jay got in some guitar practice. He's definitely improving!
Saturday night we went bowling with a bunch of people including Shane & Erin! Let's just say that 3 or 4 people out of the group had their own balls and shoes! Yikes!!

Jay bowled over 100 for both games. What a show off!
I got a 66 (ouch!) and then a 103.
I tried getting a good picture of Jay & I...
...but as usual, he had other plans...
...so I decided to join in!
...and so did Shane!
Sunday brought the Super Bowl! We went to Krista & Angelo's house for a fabulous party! Tara & Jeff were there with Alistair:
Kiera & Joe were there with Kate:
and there was lots of great food! Here are our cheese-stuffed and bacon-wrapped jalapenos that were quite a hit:
I admit I didn't watch nearly as much of the game as I had planned, but the great time with our friends was what it was all about! Weekends like this are just another reminder of how lucky we are to have this great "family" of friends here in Arizona.

xoxo

2 comments:

Christi said...

Those look delicious! I definitely want that recipe! How are you guys??
Christi Luke

Tara and Jeff said...

hahaha..super bowl was fun. Loved the nonwrapped bacon stuffed jalapeno poppers the best. Waiting for my Pioneer Cookbook from the library