CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 1, 2010

Weekend Update

Why hello there! I fell like I've been MIA for a while now, but I guess it has been less than a week, so not too bad.

We had a very nice weekend at home. On Saturday morning, Jay went mountain biking with a friend who drove down from snowy Flagstaff while I enjoyed the beautiful weather with a nice walk/run. We all then met up for a delicious lunch at one of my new favorite places - The Hillside Spot - a neighborhood restaurant (not a chain!) that just opened a few weeks ago.

That night, Jay and I went to his company's unofficial holiday party . It was a long night (we closed the place down!) but we had a great time! Jeff & Tara, Shane & Erin, and lots of other friends of ours were there. I'd upload more pics, but Blogger isn't cooperating tonight, so this is all you get:
Since Saturday was jam-packed, we spent Sunday at home in our pajamas. It was great spending the day catching up on our DVR, snuggling, and eating!! We had pancakes for breakfast and made this recipe for a late lunch.

We both LOVE Cafe Rio's sweet pork barbacoa burritos (enchilada style, please) & since the one nearest to us is closed, we were happy to find a recipe that claimed to be pretty darn close. Well let me tell you, we were both rolling our eyes with excitement as we had our first taste. It's nearly identical! I had planned on doing a full "From Our Kitchen" post with pictures & everything, but due to my sheer excitement, I was a bit distracted. Maybe next time.

I'm heading off to New Mexico tomorrow for a few days while Jay holds down the fort here at home. We have another fun weekend ahead (bowling, Super Bowl, etc), so stay tuned!

xoxo

3 comments:

Tara said...

I'm almost glad that blogger wasn't cooperating enough for you to upload the "other " pics...oh what a night

Kiera and Joe said...

We will have to compare our Cafe Rio recipes!! I used Dr. Pepper in mine and it was SO amazing!

Christi said...

Am, Ry and I love CAFE RIO and been eating there for years. The shredded pork salad is always the best! You have to get the dressing of course and shredded lettuce as well. :)