CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Weekend Update: Well, a couple weekends ago...

My whole plan to do multiple posts wasn't very successful! Here's a quick recap of the rest of 2 weekends ago:

We celebrated Kate's 1st birthday! Here is a snapshot of what I made for her gift- a skirt, matching onesie & a little stuffed kitty. Hopefully we'll get a picture of her wearing the ensemble :)
Kiera did a WONDERFUL job with the party - with the piece de resistance being this fabulous cake!
Of course the decorations were top notch:
And check out how cute the birthday girl was! Her grandmother made her the perfect outfit!
Mmmmm....cake.....

Friday night, Jay and I went to dinner with my friend Rick from work & his wife Suzi and had a great time. We went to The Rokerij - if you haven't been, we definitely recommend it! Awesome ambience and delicious food! We started with a bulb of roasted elephant garlic with cheese & chiles (and crostini to spread it on). I can't even describe how good it was! Then for our main courses, I had the Red Chile Osso Bucco and Jay had 3 small plates (one of which, of course, was beef tartar). After dinner, we all went around the corner to Luci's to enjoy dessert & coffee and more conversation. It was such a nice evening - we look forward to getting together with Rick & Suzi again - they have great taste in restaurants AND in friends :)

On Sunday - Valentine's Day - we went to our friends house for his annual Daytona 500 party. The house just gets more and more over-the-top each year:
There were several STRONG beverages to choose from:
And we all got to pick a driver (for $2) before it started. Jay picked #5 and I picked #48. I think my guy was Jimmie Johnson. I can't remember Jay's driver. Regardless, neither won after all those left hand turns!
It was a crazy busy weekend, but packed with friends and lots of fun!

I hope everyone is doing great! More to come soon.
xoxo

0 comments: