CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 15, 2010

From our Kitchen: Delizioso!

Since nobody guessed what we purchased at the outlets a few weekends ago, I figured I might as well give it away....

...we bought a pasta maker!

Making pasta is ridiculously simple. It's flour, a little water & egg:

You slowly mix it up until it forms a nice firm dough:
Then let it rest for about 10 minutes.

It was fun putting it through the "machine"....

...but let's just say it was a learning curve. We think we put the pasta through the spaghetti side when it was a little too thick because it stopped working. So we then switched to the fettuccine side which worked just great. Later on Jay tackled "fixing" the spaghetti side:
at least the fettuccine side still works

Here is our beautiful spaghetti all ready to be cooked:

And in the pot - a little of both! It only takes a few minutes until it's done! 


While we were making the dough and testing out the machine I also made some homemade sauce (simple, easy & yummy recipe!)...


...and topped it off with our homegrown fresh basil! 
Ok, I admit we did purchase the parmesan! 

We loved the fresh pasta & recommend you give it a try sometime! Even if you don't have a machine, you can just roll it out real thin & then slice it with a knife.

Now THAT is delizioso!



4 comments:

Deb said...

I made spaghetti using the mixer. I used to have an attachment for it. It wasn't worth the work - but it was fun making it.

Tricia said...

Is that supposed to be delicious in Italian? Looks tasty.

Jenny said...

That looks so good, and you guys made it look so easy! I love your "From our Kitchen" posts, I love to know what other people are making. My mom has always wanted to get me the pasta making attachment for my mixer...it would be fun to do, but there is no way I have time for it right now. I struggle to find the time to make my english muffin in the morning. Can't wait to see what you make next!

Tara and Jeff said...

Jeff and I want one of those sooo bad. We should have a pasta making party :)