CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 10, 2010

From our Kitchen: Maple Muffins

My mom sent me The Official Vermont Maple Cookbook a while back & since I received it, I've wanted to try these Maple Muffins (of course among other delicious dishes!). 
You start with the dry ingredients - flour, baking powder, salt. 
The main sweetener is - you guessed it - Vermont Maple Syrup!
FYI: You're not a true Vermonter unless you have it in enormous quantities:
Gently mix the dry & wet ingredients - the key word is gentle (or as my mom used to warn me - you'll get pointy, tough muffins) - and then spoon the batter into muffin tins. 
And after a short time in the oven, here they are their yummy goldenness: 
I chose to top my fresh-out-of-the-oven breakfast with our homemade butter and a tiny drizzle of maple syrup. Delicious! 

I'm trying a new thing here, so bear with me if it doesn't work, but....Click here to print out the recipe! 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yum! Try these with whole wheat pastry flour next time for a whole grain treat. I bet they'll come out great!

I'm going to make a chocolate/maple muffin this week. I'll let you know how it comes out.

Deb said...

Did they taste as good as they look? I haven't tried that recipe.

Amie said...

Nat - I forgot I had whole wheat pastry flour until the batter was all made, so yesterday I made strawberry scones w/it and they turned out yummy :) Chocolate maple sounds delish - send the recipe if they are good!

Mom - yeah, they were pretty good! Not very sweet but just right!