CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

From our Kitchen: Leaving us Speechless...

Shane & Erin came over on Sunday with something that Jay was very excited to cook for us. Does anyone have a guess what was on the menu? 

No? Well, let's have Shane & Erin give you a hint:

Now do you have an idea?
Right there amongst the veggies (yellow carrots from the farmer's market!) and grilled ciabatta (freshly baked that morning also from the farmer's market!) is BUFFALO TONGUE.
Oh yeah you heard right. We had tongue for dinner on Sunday. Shane & Erin bought 1/8 of a buffalo recently and were oh so very kind to share this delicacy with them. Can you hear my sarcasm?!

We all agreed that the sauce - a recipe Jay found online - was quite delicious. But the tongue? It was tough. Tough to chew and tough to eat more than one bite. So that's all Erin & I could manage.

But man, was that bread good.

1 comments:

Tricia said...

Eww you never told me you ate tongue. I can imagine it was really tough to chew. At least you tried it though, I don't think I would have.