CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Date Night: Take Me Out To The Ball Game!

Tuesday night I scored some sweet tickets to the Diamondback's vs. Padres game. Remember this post from last year? Well, how could I turn down tickets for the same seats & valet pass?!

It was a beautiful day,but with the roof open, it was pretty windy and chilly once the sun went down. It was funny hearing ourselves (and others around us) talk about how "cold" it was - realistically it was probably in the high 50s or maybe even in the 60s, so it wasn't THAT bad, but I definitely wish I brought another layer! 

Somebody was in a rather goofy mood that night:

Besides the valet parking (seriously - you park right at the stadium - can't get any closer!), my next favorite part of these tickets was that each one came with $10 "DBucks" which means it was money that could be spent at any of the vendors, the bar below us, or with our waitress. That means $20 to spend and to top it off, Jay wasn't hungry!? 

I was hoping to get another hot dog panini like last year, but it's no longer on the menu, so I started off with Gordon Biersch garlic fries. Anyone that knows this place knows how delicious the fries are! I was worried about stinking out the people around us but luckily (for me at least! poor Jay) the couple next to us got them too! Later on in the game I got a hot dog & soda, and right before we left I got a giant bag of cotton candy to take home.

::sidenote:: I do not recommend eating an entire bag of cotton candy in one sitting as I did today at work. B-A-D idea.

Unfortunately the Dbacks didn't play too well and lost 3-6. There was a true win that night though because we had a great time! (yes, I'm a dork).


And just for fun, let's compare last year & this year:


Hope you have a great date night planned!

xoxo

3 comments:

Tricia said...

I'm very jealous! I miss going to baseball games. I think that means that it is time to plan a trip to see the Orioles!

Amie said...

You mean the Oreos? :) hehe

Deb said...

Orioles...Oreas?? Aren't they the same thing?? LOL Glad you had so much fun.