CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Weekend Update: Friday/Rehearsal

Friday came fast. Even faster for others who woke up at normal times. I slept until about 11:15. I blame it on the jet lag. Oh and the bucket of booze that we might have shared at the bachelorette the night before could have contributed too.

We started Friday off with manis and pedis at a local salon. Unfortunately we were off to a later than planned start due to Tricia's underestimated distance to pick up Sean's groom's cake from the bakery (it was 40 miles!!). That started a domino effect for the day - about 1/2 hour off but nonetheless we all had a great time and a memorable day.

I don't have pictures from the salon because my camera was charging. I swear that's the only time I let it out of my sight all weekend. I was attached as you can tell from my abundant photo collection! Once again, I digress...

We arrived about 1/2 hour late to the rehearsal, and after a brief scolding from the church wedding coordinator, we got on with our duties. Tricia and Sean wore beautiful "matching" pastel outfits for the occasion. How cute!

Jay was lucky enough to walk with Stacy. Notice her "ladylike" hand placement on his arm. In the church lobby afterwards, she didn't hesitate to teach me how to appropriately place my hand on a mans arm rather than grab. Thanks Jay for teaching us the correct technique. What would we do without you?Leaving the church, there was some serious thunder and huge, dark clouds overhead. For all of you out there that know me you know how excited I was!! I was giddy at the chance of a storm, and boy did we get one. The sky literally opened up and just dumped rain for 15 minutes or so on the way to the rehearsal dinner. No drops - just a straight-on deluge!! This pic was taken as it started to subside. I had asked Tricia to please, for the love of God, pull over as the visibility was nearly non-existent and I wanted to make sure my sweet little sister made it to the wedding alive the next day.Dinner was at the Ram's Head Tavern in downtown Annapolis. The food was amazing and abundant. I specifically enjoyed the Shephards Pie. With lima beans (yum) and probably mushrooms (ew, but what I didn't see, I didn't mind!).

Here is a picture of the soon-to-be newlyweds:
And the almost-married-for-10-months newlyweds:
Tricia put together some amazing gifts for her bridal party! I think I might do a post on my other blog later this week with the contents because it was just so cute. The book I'm holding "The Giving Tree" was her card (she wrote in it). Each bridesmaid got a different book. I think it was so thoughtful and very memorable! I love my sister!!
Sean gave his attendants these really nice beer steins from Colonial Williamsburg. Jay's was engraved with his monogram and had an old John Adams coin (silver dollar maybe?) embedded in the bottom. He and the other groomsmen used them for the rest of the weekend and I'm sure Jay will use his all the time at home as well.
Over the past several months, I have been working on a Wedding Cookbook for Tricia & Sean. My matron-of-honor Julie made one for Jay and I and we love it. I had everyone that was invited to the wedding submit their favorite recipe(s), and then put it all together in a binder that I scrapbooked. I was so happy to finally give it to them (it was a secret, so I had to be sneaky about it the whole time) and I hope they enjoy it as much as Jay and I enjoy ours!
Upon returning to the hotel, it was so nice to see people that started arriving for the big day. In this picture are my Aunt Valerie (left) and longtime (like, forever) family friend Cindi. Everyone was so happy to be together for this special occasion!!
We really enjoyed meeting Sean's family! This is a picture of his sister Amy (pregnant & due in September!), niece Anna (about 3), Sean, and niece Lucy (just over 1). The girls are so cute and were so well-behaved. I look forward to crossing paths again sometime because I really enjoyed meeting all of them!
I love my sisters and mom so much! We didn't get nearly enough time together, but I'm so grateful for what we did get.
After a semi-late night in the hotel bar, us girls headed to the "honeymoon suite" at a different, historic hotel in downtown Annapolis for bonding time. We did this the night before my wedding and it is so special. Tricia got a great night's sleep while Stacy and I...well, lets just say, we were happy that Tricia was well rested for her wedding day!
Next up: The big day! Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post! Love the gifts!

Deb said...

You did a great job of journaling the "too short" long weekend. Great pictures, memories etc.
Too bad it was over way too soon. Love you!

Tara and Jeff said...

Amie your glowing, looking so happy with your family