CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 29, 2009

Weekend Update: WY Wyoming!

This past weekend took us to Wyoming. The company I work for sells ranch land up there and I was in charge of planning a BBQ/Sales Event in Laramie. I was so happy that Jay was able to come with me on another business trip!


Wyoming is a beautiful place. It's hard to even put in words how much I loved it! Pictures barely do it justice, but until you have a chance to explore yourself, pictures will have to do! All I can say is that standing out there in the middle of this 23,000 acre ranch made me speechless! So, in an effort to not take away from it's beauty, here is our weekend in *mostly* pictures (lots and lots of pictures):
Our transportation from Phoenix to Laramie. My boss has a share in this beautiful King Air 300.

My view for the flight
Jay acted as co-pilot for the flight. That's Captain Bill in the left seat. I knew we were in good hands!
Bill was awesome and let me "fly" with Jay for over 30 minutes. I must admit that I got a little weepy up there. I miss flying so much!
Laramie welcomed us with this awesome storm! We landed right before it came through. The wind was whistling and it poured!
Driving to the ranch (following my boss in the truck ahead). It's ahead on the left.

Ranch entrance
Now we're on the ranch. You can see the Snowy Range in the distance (you can see it better if you click on the photo to enlarge).

Little Laramie River
Antelope checking us out
Aspen Cottage - where Jay and I stayed
The sales office is 6.2 miles in from the entrance. On the left is the tent for the BBQ, then the bunkhouse, then the sales office (red roof), and the barn on the far right.

Sales office
There are over 300 wild horses that roam the ranch.

Baby horse - Jay insists I call it a colt. Regardless, very cute!
Beautiful Wyoming
Lake Hattie
The sun setting over the ranch. It was so nice to have it light so late up there! Us Arizonans are used to it being dark by 7:30ish and it was light here until well after 9!
Saturday morning this is what I woke up to. Jay found a gun and was hunting prairie dogs from the front porch.
Jay was so helpful! We drove along the road and tied balloons on the signs to direct people to the BBQ. It was quite a challenge due to some serious winds that day!
I had arranged ponies and goats to be there for the kids to enjoy. I enjoyed them too :)
Baby goat JuJu

Another thing I arranged was old time photos for guests to take home with them as souvenirs. This is one of my favorites.

While I was working at the BBQ, Jay hung out at the welcome center (off the main road) to direct guests to the right place. Doesn't he look so stressed out?
More horses
Sunday morning, Jay was back outside hunting for critters.

Look what I had for breakfast on Sunday - S'mores and coffee. Can't beat that!
THIS is the life. It was a beautiful morning. When we grow up, I want a porch so I can enjoy my coffee like this. Pure heaven.
I grabbed a picture on Sunday of the BBQ setup before people arrived.

Before we headed to the airport, we took a quick drive to Centennial, WY. Notice the population is 100, hence the name. It was a very cute little town.
Back to Arizona
We both just loved Wyoming and look forward to more adventures there in the future. My company has ranches in Casper and Cheyenne, so perhaps we'll go there next!

7 comments:

Kiera and Joe said...

Oh my GOSH!! What a great trip! And I LOVE all the pictures! There is nothing better than farm land...that reminds me of my Uncles place in Canada :) It looks like you guys had a blast!

Tricia said...

I'm glad you had fun and I can't believe you got to fly too. So exciting! I love the b/w photo of you and Jay "the old time photo."

Anonymous said...

That looks like a wonderful trip!!! So exciting. I know flying an airplane isn't like driving a car but I was wondering who was looking out when you and Jay were getting your picture taken! :)I do love Wyoming...such a pretty place...like to visit but don't know that I could survive there with NO PEOPLE!!! You look great in your plaid shirt and cowboy boots!! Looks like your event was great!

Tara and Jeff said...

Gorgeous!! I want to move there now! Looks like you guys had a little fun with work :) better then you expected I guess huh? Glad your home now, see you tomorrow for 1.50 hot dogs

kathy said...

These are awesome pictures! I especially like the one of you in the pilot's seat! :)

Christi said...

Amie! So fun for you after all your hard work! Sounds like you are getting some good perks there! Glad it's going well! Wyoming can be pretty huh? I've driven through a lot of times through my life ... but your pictures look so much better than anything I've EVER seen. I love that Jay was shooting the p dogs. Ryan would have been doing the same thing!

Christi

Deb said...

Thanks for sharing your fun work adventures with us all. Not too bad a perk, flying airplanes, traveling, etc. Glad you had an awesome time. Thanks for sharing the pictures with us all.
Love ya - Mom