CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 22, 2009

UPDATED Weekend Update: Kansas City

Due to popular request, I have updated this post with a couple photos of Jay and I dressed up for the wedding. I had to "steal" them from Jay's cousin's Facebook account because the pics on my camera came out too dark. Thanks Bryan!!
Last night, Jay and I returned from a wonderful trip to Kansas City. We travelled there for his cousin Kyle's wedding, but were lucky to also have a very nice visit with his parents, Todd, May, and the boys. We arrived Friday afternoon and were greeted with smiling faces as they woke up from their naps:
Saturday morning while May was at work, the rest of us headed to the park. Check out the cowlicks on the boys - so cute!
We all got fancied up and grabbed a family photo before the wedding:
It was a beautiful candlelit ceremony:
During the Unity Candle ceremony, they had everyone in the church hold a candle as well. It was very unique and a very nice touch!
The reception was at a 4-level bar called The Cashew. Luckily that was just the name & no actual nuts were served :)
Thanks to Jay's cousin Bryan, we got a few great pictures of us :) I can't help but say how handsome my husband is!! I mean, seriously, isn't he?

Photo Courtesy of Bryan Bruner

Photo Courtesy of Bryan Bruner

Beautiful view of downtown from the reception. It was all open-air which, despite the humidity was nice!

On Sunday, Father's Day, we enjoyed some time in the pool. This was the first time the boys had been in the pool, so it was fun to experience this milestone with them! Overall, it was a success!
Check out Liam in his hat. He really didn't like it at first, but eventually decided to keep it on.
Xander found a comfortable place to chill out and watch tv!
Of course it was a whirlwind but we enjoyed every minute! We are leaving again on Friday for another adventure. Stay tuned for more fun!

6 comments:

Tricia said...

very nice, trying to outdo me with getting your blog up on time. I finally did a wedding recap myself. Hopefully I'll get the honeymoon blogs out this week too.

Tara and Jeff said...

Haha! Zander has the same outfit as Alistair "monkey around" . Where's the picture of your dress though?

Deb said...

I thought the same thing Tara. No picture of the dress! Hmmm... Glad you had a fun time.

Amie said...

I added a couple pics of the dress ladies :) Let me know what you think! I had a couple on my camera, but they came out way too dark to post. Luckily Bryan got some good shots!

Unknown said...

I love your dress, Amie. Great pics.

Kiera and Joe said...

You guys are such a cute couple!! Love the dress, love the pictures of those cute boys! Looks like you had such a great time!