CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 22, 2008

Honeymoon in Review

We still have so many photos and stories to share with you from our wedding! I figured it was time to give a quick overview of our wonderful honeymoon in Playa del Carmen, Mexico.


This is our first resort in Playacar, just south of downtown:

We had a pretty nice view of the ocean at this all-inclusive resort. Plenty of food and lots of drinks as we soaked up the rays on the beach!

On our second day there, we headed over to Cozumel on this boat:
It was a quick 30 minute trip to the island. Jay and I were amazed at how we could see the gigantic cruise ships from the mainland - getting even bigger as we approached the island. Having arrived, we picked up our scooter which is the main form of transportation on Cozumel. Check out this hottie:
I must say I was a bit nervous riding on the back of this thing. Having never been on a motorcycle or anything like this before, it took me a while to feel comfortable. Jay liked speeding along the very edge of the road which made me nervous that we'd grab the side of the lip and crash! Of course, that didn't happen and by the end of the day, I was quite comfortable.

The great thing about Cozumel is that it is much less developed than the mainland cities of Cancun and Playa del Carmen. Playa is very laid back, but Cozumel feels like a true escape. Here is a picture of the beach on the very east side of the island.
Back on the mainland, we enjoyed a Mexican dinner at the resort. Jay and I were both hesitant about taking the shot of tequila we were greeted with, but afterwards were pleasantly surprised. It was some sort of spiced tequila with a nice cinnamony flavor that made it go down very easy! Here is a pic of us at dinner (the server said that a dinner there was not complete without donning these lovely sombreros):

We also played a nice game of chess. It was a cool life-sized board and offered a nice amount of shade on this hot day. Who do you think won this game?!
Having checked out of the first resort while it was too early to check into the second, we decided to have a few beers downtown. The bartender was very entertaining and I just loved the fact that you sit in swings!
By the time we were able to check in, we were more than ready. It was a very sweaty day and we wanted a shower! Here is a photo of our second resort. We had this lovely cabana on the beach all to ourselves. It was so nice to be this close to the water!
Here is the view we woke up to every morning (Jay is out having a morning dip):
We spent most of our time here either in our hammocks on the patio or on the beach reading. It was so relaxing and the food was delicious.

On our last day, Jay treated me to a massage which was such a treat! Look at where it was! It was so peaceful - the ocean breeze was blowing through the thin drapes (which were closed during my session of course). What a great way to end a trip :) We have a ton of wedding photos to still post and I promise they are coming soon!

2 comments:

Tara and Jeff said...

I just love the honeymoon pics, you both look like "shiney happy people having fun" Reminds me of Roaton a bit. Our next vacation will be a "family vacation"

Anonymous said...

OMG that looks so great. I road that freakin boat!! I usually don't get sick on boats but that thing....on the way back I had to sit outside with the wind in my face. I love it there. That was one of the stops on a cruise I went on and I wanted to stay there forever. I keep saying I'm going to go back-I need to make that happen. That was the first time I had ever been anywhere that the ocean water is warm. A very different experience.LOVED it.