CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day Weekend Recap

We had a very busy, fun-filled Labor Day weekend. It started with me getting out of work early on Friday afternoon which was very nice! That evening, we headed to the movie theatre and finally saw The Dark Knight. It was a great movie and we both enjoyed it. Saturday I attended Tara's shower (see previous post) while Jay had a checkride. After the shower, I met Jay at the nearest "Nebraska Bar" which happens to be conveniently just down the street from our house! We ate some junk food while Nebraska won their first game of the season 47-24. Check out this photo of all the red-wearing Cornhusker fans:




Saturday night after a quick nap, we headed to Scottsdale. Yep, you heard it right, the Davis' went to Axis Radius to help a friend celebrate his birthday. I must admit that I was not looking forward to spending a late night out in "da club", especially since it has been years since we've "gone out", but it ended up being a good time. Our friend had rented out a VIP room in the bar so we had our own space, server, and balcony to the outside! Very nice for us old-timers :) There was a very small turnout for the "party", so Jay felt quite obligated to help our friend drink the 2 large bottles of Grey Goose vodka that came with the room. Lets just say that Sunday morning someone wasn't feeling so well and it wasn't me!!

Sunday we both slept in pretty late, and then made 2 apple pies to take to our friend's going away party that evening. This one tool that my mom purchased for us for well under $10 makes apple pie-making very enjoyable and quick!

Our friends that are moving - Rachel and Foye - love Thanksgiving, so their friends threw them a Thanksgiving in August party! Jay and I were psyched to have the favorites that we usually only get once a year - turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing....mmmmmm. Check out the spread:
Here is a photo of Rachel and I:



And the lovely centerpiece of the evening!!

Today we attended a very low-key barbecue at our friends house. We hung out at the pool and just relaxed and caught up. It was a really nice way to end the long weekend.

I'd say that other than our wedding weekend, this comes in 2nd for busiest one of the year! It was wonderful spending it with friends and being able to finally unwind after months and months of wedding on the brain!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Whew! What a fun-packed, full weekend!

Anonymous said...

Ha! I have that apple peeler too - also bought for me by my mother! I'll have to get you my granny's recipe for apple dumplings - yum!

Amie said...

May - please do send us your granny's apple dumpling recipe!! Jay already has turned me on to the family's famous apple pie recipe...so I can only imagine how delicious the dumplings are!