CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Just Around the Corner


Fall is making its way into the Davis home. Apple pies for Labor Day, and just this past week the gourds have arrived! My matron of honor Julie included one in a package we received from her and her husband this week (the one on the bottom right - they grew it in their garden) and the others were there to greet me when I came home from work on Thursday night. Its one thing that I really miss about Vermont - the cool days of apple picking, corn stalks tied to people's lamp posts, and the sweaters coming out of storage.

Here in Arizona, it just cools down to reasonable temperatures for a month or two :) Regardless, we are looking forward to cooler temperatures and more outside activities as daytime temperatures dip below the three-digit mark!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Fall in Vermont is better than Fall anywhere else, I think! Too bad I'm so allergic to apples now! But, at least I can eat them cooked - apple crisp and pies! YUM!